- Confidence is directly related to exam results. Better confidence means better performance!
- Being well-prepared for the INBDE is essential to your success.
- A comprehensive study aid like Dental Decks will help you prepare and take your exam with confidence.
Do you stress about exams? Don’t feel bad — we all do. There’s so much pressure to do well on exams, especially when the stakes are as high as they are with the INBDE. .
Exam stress and anxiety are pretty much a fact of life for dental students. But did you know that if you’re confident going into an exam, you’ll actually do better?
Why Confidence Matters
Have you ever told yourself, “I’m gonna fail this test”? Most of us probably have at some point, and consequently, we probably didn’t do so great. That’s because if you tell yourself you’re going to fail, you’re setting yourself up to do just that.
The same goes for telling yourself you’re prepared and going to ace the test…you’ll do so much better. Mindset truly matters. When you attend class, spend time studying, and prepare well for exams, you’re setting yourself up for success. So, believe in yourself!
Studies show being confident about an exam has a positive effect on test scores. Knowledge of the material obviously matters, but simply being able to put yourself into a positive mindset and show off your knowledge makes a big difference.
Here are some tips for building confidence before your INBDE.
5 Tips for Building Exam Confidence
- Prepare, prepare, prepare. This one’s obvious, right? The more we study, the more prepared we are, and the better we will do on an exam. Don’t just pull an all-nighter the day before…study a little every day for the best results.
- Take notes. Studies show there is a mind-body connection between notetaking and memory. What does that mean? When you write things down, you’ll remember them better. The more you remember, the more confident you’ll be for the exam.
- Think positive. Easier said than done? True, but a positive mindset will help you stay relaxed and focused. To keep a positive mindset, challenge negative thoughts and self-doubt with positive affirmations. Start each day by telling yourself “I’m going to pass my INBDE!” At the end of each day, make a list of what you accomplished – INBDE prep related or not. And remember – you’ve got this!
- Take care of your physical health. Physical exhaustion leads to mental exhaustion. That’s not going to help your exam score. When you feel good, you think more clearly, and it’s easier to feel confident. So, eat healthy foods, do some physical activity, and above all, get some rest.
- Get the right study aid. You’ve probably used a study guide for most of the big exams you’ve taken so far. But the INBDE is a different beast. You need the most comprehensive, most recommended INBDE study aid you can get. As you progress through the study materials, you’ll gain more confidence about your exam.
- You’ll study thousands of topical and case-based Q&A cards, case studies, and pathology booklets, so you can be confident you’ve studied all the material covered on the INBDE.
- Using Q&A cards is proven to be an effective and efficient method for studying. As you move more cards into your “already know” stack, you’ll gain confidence about your knowledge going into the exam!
- We give you a study schedule that fits your timeline. Having a pre-planned study schedule helps you incorporate things like rest, time with friends and family, and exercise into your study schedule. A rested brain is a confident brain.
Pro-Tip: Use Dental Decks
We already know the number one way to build exam confidence is to be well prepared. Well, that’s one of the values of a comprehensive INBDE study aid.
Dental Decks will help you prepare and take your INBDE with confidence. It’s the most comprehensive and most recommended INBDE study aid. Here’s how it can help:
At Dental Decks, we want you to feel confident and prepared for your INBDE. That’s why we’ve put a lot of work into giving you the most comprehensive INBDE study aid possible. As you master the Dental Decks material, you can be confident you’ll crush the INBDE on your first try.